Marilyn Hamilton's Blog

Welcome to my Blog. Thanks for stopping by and submitting a post.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Week 10 Discussion Activities - Reflection

This was a very interesting topic. I spent so much time exploring the various links my classmates provided and the ones that I found that I had to force myself away to continue posting responses to my colleagues. I feel that learning objects are going to be used more and more in the future.

While learning objects are great, I feel that more pedagogical strategies need to be developed that will help teachers employ them appropriately in a lesson. I would also hope that as they are developed, there are standards that help guide their creation and deployment.

I was surprised that some of them were available at a cost. However there are still many good ones that were free.

I am going to explore how to create them to align with the work that I do, teacher preparation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Keffer said...

Marilyn,

I found the discussion of learning objects very interesting too. I see many uses for learning objects as they are small enough to provide individualized content, but can be grouped to provide more intense concentration.

Karen

Monday, November 13, 2006 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Hi Marilyn:

As you work in teacher prep--what technology skills do you require? I teach a graduate course in computer technology and require word, excel, powerpoint, etc. What exactly do you require? I also make them learn HyperStudio. They hate it but it gives them a view other than Microsoft. Dianne

Saturday, November 18, 2006 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home