Marilyn Hamilton's Blog

Welcome to my Blog. Thanks for stopping by and submitting a post.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Week 11 Discussion - Reflection

This week's discussion on simulations, games and simulation-games was informative and fun. I have used all of these programs and understood their value, however the readings and discussions provided a deeper understanding of how they are used in educational settings. I have learned the differences between and among the various types of game and simulations, something I never considered exploring before until now. Of particular interest to me was the section in Alessi and Trollip, on page 231 on the Theory of learning from Simulation and the instructional strategies associated with each one.

The links provided by my classmates expanded my list of programs to use.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Keffer said...

Marilyn,

I also enjoyed the topics for this weeks study. I find that the use of games and game type applications are a great way for students to learn. Early childhood teachers all know that children learn through play.

Good luck in your future studies.

Karen

Friday, November 24, 2006 7:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home